Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Plan for a Prepared Pantry

I'm cheap. I'm actually pretty proud of it. So I've found the perfect new passion...coupon-shopping! Each Sunday morning I look forward to seeing 5 (that's right, FIVE!) newspapers out on my driveway and I can't wait to clip those coupons! I've always been a fan of early shopping on the day after Thanksgiving because of the great deals, but also because of the major adrenaline rush you get when you actually find that "special item"! That's why I started this new blog -- so that I can those of you out there who want to find the BEST deals around will have easy access to the right info. It doesn't matter if you subscribe to FIVE newspapers or just ONE newspaper a week, I'm going to try to make it easier for all of us to get some stuff for FREE or SUPER CHEAP! If you're interested, add it to your favorites and check back often. I'm going to try to update weekly or even more often, depending on the deals!

8 comments:

Allie said...

Here I am, waiting for help.

Joanna said...

Great! It's coming!

jaci said...

Are there other places you get coupons? I am excited for your help...I am poor and get most frustrated budgeting every month when it comes to food -- it costs so much money!

Joanna said...

The best coupons come in the Sunday papers. If you can subscribe to even just ONE, you'll be glad you did so that you can get some FREE and SUPER CHEAP stuff!

Call me Mimi said...

I found coupons online for each store by just going to their company website, printing them off and taking them with me. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. The best of all worlds is to shop the sales with coupons for those same products. I think if we work together we can all benefit from the FREE that Coupon Chick will post. Then if we all post the items we find that are free or almost free, we'll never pay full price for anything. I just got back from shopping at Macey's in Orem. The people behind me actually applauded when my total went from $163 down to $125 because of coupons. That didn't count all the things I got on sale (which actually was everything.) In the Deli produce section there were these wonderful salads with all the trimming called Ready-pack Bistro that needed to be sold today. I bought 2 asian salads at 99 cents each which were regularly $4.99. We just finished eating them and they were delicious. Another thing to watch for at Macey's is the items on the shelf with a little sign by them that says CLEARANCE. There were some of these on every aisle and they had good savings. When I was in-store sampling a piece of honey hame the worker said "are you a SavvyShopper....I am!" She gave me a big wink! My food storage is back up to par and we've got enough to feed Jesse and Danielle too! Now I just need to work on meal plans and recipes using my storage items. Ta dah!

Ann's ART said...

I am so impressed. I pride myself on being a super shopper for furniture, rugs, home decor....but I am horrible at shopping for groceries. I don't even know where to start. So, I will be checking back frequently. Thanks Joanna for doing the work and letting me copy you! Great tips Linda!!

Fay said...

Thanks for doing this Jo. I'm looking forward to saving a little. Food and other grocery store items take a LOT of the paycheck!

Kami said...

So, Joanna...do you run around town to every store every week? Or pick the one with the most coupons and do your weekly shopping there?
I love finding deals, too! But, we don't get the paper, so mine are not very frequent. I did get a box of Capri Sun drinks for 38cents after my $1.50 off coupon that Kraft sent in the mail. I feel so happy every time I grab a drink for my kids on our way out the door! :) So, I'll be checking back for more tips!